On the show today, CJ and Leah look at what it really means to become an online musician in today’s music industry, talking about what it takes, the buy-in and commitment to achieve the results you have always wanted. Leah starts off giving a brief definition of what she thinks being an online musician is and from there they look at ways in which you can add this branch of activities and income to your current setup. Leah runs through just how much this can help you and the multitude of benefits you can get from relatively low overheads once you commit to the goal of becoming an online musician. They talk scaling, social media formats, time constraints and adaptability. All things you should be clear and aware of going into this. Leah shares a bit of her personal story and how she overcame great odds and a difficult situation to get to where she is today, helping others do the same. For this, be sure to join us on the Savvy Musician Show!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A student spotlight message from Steven!
- Simply defining what an online musician is.
- How to add the online component to what you are doing right now.
- The amazing benefits of adding this dimension to your repertoire.
- Understanding the important concepts of scaling and adaptability.
- Reports about the changing format of Facebook’s newsfeed.
- Getting ahead of the game and becoming an online musician now!
- Common misconceptions and misunderstanding about this field.
- The time you put in contributes to the results you get.
- If Leah can do it, so can you!
- Some action steps that you can take today!
- And much more!
“Without touring then, you are doing better than some of the more successful touring bands in terms of each member, what they earn.” — @metalmotivation [0:09:05]
“If you’re an indie artist, you don’t have a label with a huge amount of capital to do it for you. This is an easy, economical, affordable, doable way to do it.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:13:13]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The Savvy Musician Academy on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/onlinemusician/
The Superfan System Elite Program — www.callsma.com
Savvy Musician Mastermind — https://www.facebook.com/groups/savvymusician/
Crossing the Chasm — https://amzn.to/2WdFcpT
Blue Ocean Strategy — https://www.blueoceanstrategy.com/what-is-blue-ocean-strategy/
Steven Vrancken (student spotlight) — https://stevenvrancken.com/