Today on the show Leah and CJ are tackling your questions on Facebook ads! That’s right they are fielding exactly what you asked and giving you the best answers they can muster so you can get rolling with better ad strategies and getting your music and merchandise moving! Facebook and other social media advertising done right can take you from floundering uncertainty to a blossoming career under your own personal control. Leah stresses the importance of copywriting, metrics and getting into the nitty gritty of what works and what does not, you need to learn your way around it all if you want to master it. We discuss the evolving algorithms and how best to stay up to date with them, how to balance your advertising strategy between what is happening now and long term goals and which shop platforms are best. Leah also answers questions on location targeting for events, marketing merchandise compared with music, calling it quits on an ad cycle and more! So be sure to join us today on the Savvy Musician Show!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A special student spotlight message from Mia!
- A little bit about Instagram ads and how to use them to increase purchases.
- Staying up to date with the ever changing Facebook algorithms.
- Balancing general, long term ads with specific new content promotion.
- The importance of copywriting in promoting and selling your products.
- Why to use Shopify instead of Bandcamp.
- Targeting specific areas and Facebook’s location targeting.
- Should you market your merchandise differently to your music?
- The different types of of ads you can run and which are most effective.
- The basics of great Instagram ads!
- How to know when to end your running of a particular ad.
- Making the most of what you have and getting some skin in the game.
- And much more!
“hat’s most important is that you know and understand your audience and your brand and everything ahead of time.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:05:38]
“That’s the kind of stuff that you do in marketing and advertising is you just test this stuff.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:11:03]
“Some people look at the Image and they don’t even read the text. You want to use all those different assets they’re giving you to the full potential.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:14:58]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The Savvy Musician Academy on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/onlinemusician/
The Superfan System Elite Program — www.callsma.com
Leah on Twitter — https://twitter.com/leahthemusic
DotComSecrets — https://www.dotcomsecrets.com
Exactly What to Say — https://amzn.to/2HhCDyO
Mia Ramer (Student Spotlight) – https://www.mia-music.com