On today’s show, Leah and CJ are talking all about paid traffic. This is the last official episode in the five-part series we’ve been doing called why your music isn’t making any money. We’ve been focusing on all the different ways you might not be marketing your music or implementing and hopefully, it’s going to help you. This last episode is all about paid traffic. Advertising. We’re discussing the dos and don’ts as well as some of the best performing ads that are killing it year round, why Leah is able to do all of this as a stay at home mom, five kids who are home schooled and an artist that never tours. This is the secret sauce. So for all this and more, keep listening!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Defining organic reach versus paid traffic.
- When paid traffic is appropriate to use.
- What is meant by pixeling your audience.
- Targeting your bullseye audience.
- Using paid traffic for anything and everything related to the fan journey.
- The fan journey – awareness, engagement and then a sale.
- Reaching thousands of people through Facebook.
- The dos and don’ts of paid traffic.
- Stop boosting your post – it not achieving anything productive.
- Why you shouldn’t be running ads from your phone – use a desktop.
- Keeping your ads separate – don’t run it from your personal profile.
- Marketing 101 – The importance of understanding Facebook Pixel.
- Don’t run ads unless your Pixel is installed everywhere.
- Having a clear objective before posting ads.
- Why not to run Instagram ads from Instagram.
- Using Chrome browser and Chrome pixel helper when creating ads.
- Getting proper training on exactly how to use ads for Facebook and Instagram.
- Understanding effective targeting and knowing your target audience.
- Using customized dimensions for different placements.
- Leah’s 3 main ads: a like campaign, an opt in ad and a video view ad.
- Building a page to create awareness, having social proof and a bullseye audience.
- The multi touch point process.
- And so much more!
“Paid traffic is going to be your shortcut to the desired result.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:05:03]
“It’s appropriate to use paid traffic anytime, any way related to the fan journey.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:11:19]
“Get clarity on your niche and your brand and the culture of your music. You need this for effective targeting.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:25:20]
“Don’t underestimate the power of social proof.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:31:49]
“No matter what I’m doing I am constantly building my music business no matter what.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:37:01]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The Savvy Musician Academy on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/onlinemusician/
The Superfan System Elite Program — www.callsma.com
Leah on Twitter — https://twitter.com/leahthemusic
Facebook Ad Manager — https://www.facebook.com/business/tools/ads-manager
Facebook Pixel — https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-ads-pixel
Fiverr — https://www.fiverr.com/