On today’s show, we are tackling the question of how to ask for a sale. This forms part of the series we have undertaken on The Savvy Musician Show, on how to make more money through your music and selling is as important a part as any! Leah and CJ are giving you the inside scoop on the simple ways to convert fans and admirers into paying customers, in ways that don’t feel slimy or coercive. This is a big problem for a lot of musicians, feeling like they are not and do not want to be, salespeople. But with this easy to follow introductory episode you can see how easy it is to start turning a profit and take positive action towards it. The discussion covers direct and passive promotion, approaching a warm audience, email and copywriting and why so many of your audience will be excited to pay you something for the value you offer. For all this and a great conversation on the nature of selling, be sure to tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A special student message from Wendy Nicole Hall
- Leah’s own journey to learning to be a better seller
- The central role that selling plays in our lives
- Direct promotion and response marketing
- Pitching to a warm audience and leaning into your advertising
- Why to treat your music career more like e-commerce
- Taking control of your own musical destiny!
- Passive promotion and where to find your fans
- The psychological desire to support someone who offers you value
- What to look forward to in the next episode!
- And much more!
“It was actually copyrighting that taught me how to sell. I didn’t have to read a book on how to sell.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:06:16]
“Direct promotion has a huge place. I spend at least 50% of my time doing this sort of thing.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:19:10]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The Savvy Musician Academy on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/onlinemusician/
The Super Fan System Elite Program — www.callsma.com
Leah on Twitter — https://twitter.com/leahthemusic
CD Baby — https://cdbaby.com
Bandcamp — https://bandcamp.com
Nightwish — http://nightwish.com/en
Epica — http://www.epica.nl
Game of Thrones — https://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones
Elder Scrolls — https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net