On today’s episode, Leah and CJ break down the next part of the question of why you may not be making more money from your music! They are focusing on the all-important aspect of your shop and how to make sure you are making the most of the platform. They are talking about which platforms are best and why, user experience, the checkout process, retargeting and more! Leah has her favored systems and she explains exactly why she recommends them over other services. We talk about the important things to keep in mind when linking to and setting up your shop and how to make sure you don’t lose customers through abandoned carts and not following up. Leah also stresses the importance of clearly directing customers to your shop, a point a lot of independent musicians seem to gloss over. For all this and a bunch more, be sure to listen in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why you cannot neglect talking about money
- A great message from Lauren from our Superfan System Elite program
- Considering the common questions that give rise to today’s topic
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your customer during the buying process
- Remembering the mantra that people care about themselves
- What platform are you using and how responsive is it?
- Facebook pixels, marketing 101 and why Bandcamp is behind the curve
- Retargeting and making sure you do not lose sales
- The checking out experience on your online shop
- Walking through your own payment and checkout
- Creating a familiar and trustworthy feeling
- Clearly communicating where and how to buy your music
- Your shop page is for one thing!
- And much more!
“There’s some things that really, at the end of the day, are not really going to affect your bottom line and so forget about that stuff and start focusing.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:03:10]
“You’ve got to put yourself in the shoes of your fan and potential customer and actually walk through the process of buying something.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:06:58]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The Superfan System Elite Program — www.callsma.com
WooCommerce — https://woocommerce.com
WordPress — https://wordpress.com
Jeff Bezos — https://www.biography.com/business-figure/jeff-bezos
LeadPages — https://leadpages.net/savvymusician
Stripe — https://stripe.com
Flag nor Fail — https://flagnorfail.com
Quest Nutrition — https://www.questnutrition.com
AWeber — https://www.aweber.com
BigCommerce — https://www.bigcommerce.com