All of us struggle with fear: fear of rejection, failure and even fear of success. The only difference between those who are successful and those who are not is that successful people choose to pursue their goals despite the fear. It’s not that they don’t experience those same emotions, it’s only that their desire for the dream is bigger and they stop at nothing to get there. Today we continue with our psychological perspective on making it in the music industry, talking about those mindsets that cripple you and that you essentially give far too much power to. The first step to overcoming fear is to tackle them head-on instead of avoiding them, and by allowing yourself to go through those unpleasant emotions of trepidation. Not only are you giving yourself an opportunity to succeed, but you are investing in your personal development and building out your experience and skillset. The recipe of success is quite simple: to believe that the principles of success are out there in the world – that they exist and that you are able to apply them consistently. If you truly believe that, you will be unstoppable!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How fear is paralyzing you and stopping you from reaching your potential.
- Realizing that there are people out there who need to hear your music.
- Why fear is both a massively powerful yet powerless thing.
- The only thing that sets successful people apart from everyone else.
- The importance of taking little steps forward, even if you cannot see the full picture yet.
- Why you can sell anything once you understand the fundamentals of online marketing.
- The powerful effect of visualizing and mentally preparing before a big event.
- Making the decision beforehand not to be controlled by fear.
- The physiological reactions to something that happens in our imaginations.
- The difference between the fear of failure and fear of success.
- Believing that all the principles for success are out there and that you can apply them.
- Accepting that you will mess up sometimes and that hard times will come.
- And much more!
“This fear, in general, is completely paralyzing you and it’s stopping you from reaching your potential, from doing the thing that you are supposed to do.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:05:12]
“Fear is a powerless force but it’s still the most powerful powerless force you’re ever going to face, and it’s robbing you of the only life you’ve got.” — @metalmotivation [0:08:02]
“Do not let fear make the decision. Your brain needs to make the decision and then you can train your body to do what you want it to after the fact.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:20:40]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Call Savvy Musician Academy — www.callsma.com
Savvy Musician Inner Circle — https://savvymusicianacademy.com/innercircle
Welter — https://www.weltermusic.com/
Tony Robbins — https://www.tonyrobbins.com/
David Williams (Student Spotlight) — https://www.weltermusic.com/