What are some of the sure ways to fail? Now, this is not a question we hear very often, yet one that is very important to ask. We are so busy asking the feel-good questions about getting that big break or being successful, but we don’t confront ourselves often enough with the reverse – looking carefully at the real reasons why we are failing, reasons that are seldom related to the program, the coach or the economy! We love to make excuses, there’s something in us that wants to avoid responsibility, but if we ever want to be successful in the music industry, it’s going to cost a lot of straightforward sacrifice. Today on the podcast Leah and CJ talk about some of the mentalities that lurk behind unrealistic expectations and the mindsets that are guaranteed to make you fail. Sometimes we need to analyze our everyday habits to measure whether we are spending our time productively: Do you prefer staying in the comfortable safe zones and are you really willing to give up Netflix or whatever it is that is sucking up all your time? Are you truly willing to do what it takes? Join us for this episode for some more challenging, yet empowering thoughts!
Key Points from This Episode:
- Leah’s upcoming album and how her music business is the source for new curriculum ideas.
- The different mentalities that lurk behind people’s unrealistic expectations.
- Avoiding the hard work by depending on everyone else to provide answers to simple things.
- The power that comes along with having to figure out something yourself.
- The importance of taking advantage of the student community and the FAQs.
- Bad daily habits and people not wanting to make the necessary sacrifices.
- Taking a log of your activities for three days to measure productive and unproductive time.
- Having a low tolerance for discomfort and pain as a reason for failure.
- The problem of not being fully committed and not willing to put in real hard work.
- Multitasking and skipping through course content that you think you know.
- Why you should not stray from the curriculum by consulting other sources of information.
- Remaining an optimist even in failure and why skepticism and perfectionism are the enemy.
- And much more!
“That’s what Savvy Musician Academy is all about because we want to be the trustworthy resource for you, whenever you’re trying to build your music career.” —@LEAHthemusic [0:06:28]
“There’s something magical that happens when you do have to figure it out for yourself. In that moment, you also create a sense of confidence in yourself.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:15:39]
“Would you rather watch TV and play video games and drink with your friends or would you rather build a successful music business? You can’t do both, that’s not going to happen, you will not get off the ground. You need to examine your daily habits.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:22:47]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Indiegogo — https://www.indiegogo.com/
Kickstarter — https://www.kickstarter.com/
Savvy Musician Academy — https://savvymusicianacademy.com/elite/call/