On today’s spontaneous episode, Leah McHenry is joined by new cohost CJ Ortiz, an experienced branding and marketing expert, who works as a coach in the Elite Program. They delve into various topics related to the new music industry, such as the power of online marketing and how rather than being hopeless, aspiring musicians should see this new space as one full of opportunities. Leah shares some of the reactions she got when she put herself out there and how through perseverance, she is now able to support herself and her family with her music. She shares how, through learning about marketing, rather than music, she has been able to empower herself and create an authentic and sustained connection with her fans. If you’d like to find out how to start to do the same, join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Groups on Facebook that you can join.
- How CJ and Leah’s friendship started.
- How much Leah’s career has grown.
- How to adapt when changes happen in marketing.
- Success in the new music industry is defined differently than before.
- Shifting your mindset in defining success is key.
- The music industry is shifting in an unprecedented way.
- Some success stories of people who have used these principles.
- If you learn the basics of online marketing, it can translate across various spheres.
- When Leah realized that she could take control of her career.
- Some pros and cons of record labels.
- What a Facebook pixel is and why it’s important.
- How Leah was able to find and target her ‘superfans.’
- And much more
“How I had any success at all, by the way, was I stopped studying the music industry,” — @LEAHthemusic [0:09:15]
“The only thing that matters is your little music industry that you just created.” — CJ Ortiz[0:11:00]
“That’s our biggest challenge as musicians- is to help people understand that we exist in the world.” — @LEAHthemusic [0:32:25]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Savvy Musician Mastermind on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/groups/savvymusician/
Savvy Musician Spotify course — www.savvymusicianacademy.com/Spotify
Leah on Twitter — https://twitter.com/leahthemusic
CJ Ortiz — http://metalmotivation.com/