Welcome back to the Savvy Musician Show and the second part of our conversation with Daniel Coates about going full time with your music career. Daniel travels and performs around the world as Suntara and in this segment we will continue our foray into how he made this a viable and profitable venture. We chat about capturing live shows on video and how Daniel uses this footage, and we get into taking a leap of faith to find your audience. Daniel also expresses his gratitude for his family who are always on the road with him before we think about the exponential growth of musicians following their dreams and finding their own magical way in the world. For all of this and much more, be sure to tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The volunteer who films all of Daniel’s shows for his promotional use.
- Taking the risk before you can see the whole path.
- Daniel’s target audience and hitting it out of the gate.
- Building an audience out of a look alike profile.
- Daniel’s family’s involvement and the inspiration and motivation they give him.
- The ripple effect of following your dreams.
- Reconciling the calling for spiritual music and the business and marketing side of things.
- Using your own micro-niche and building events and experiences out of that.
- The power of retargeting and following up on interest.
- And much more!
“We started it out with a certain amount of savings and it wasn’t enough but then we manifested some money, it just came from an unexpected source and things just opened up as we went along.” — @suntaramusic [0:03:12.3]
“People think that kids get in the way off you living the dreams but they actually make you do it, they make you do it.” — @suntaramusic [0:11:39.1]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Savvy Musician Academy Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/onlinemusician/
The Superfan System Elite Program — http://www.callsma.com/
Daniel Coates — http://www.suntaramusic.com/about/
Suntara on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/suntaramusic/
Eventbrite — https://www.eventbrite.com/