Some people think it’s “bad” to mix money and art, and those people are wrong. Why should artists need to suffer in order to create “real” art? We’re here to challenge the starving artist stereotype that has stunned our persistence and creativity as artists.
In this episode, Leah walks us through her favorite highlights from Jeff Goin’s book ‘Real Artists Don’t Starve’ and shows us that it is possible to make both art and money.
Important Things To Remember:
- Everyone deals with imposter syndrome. Successful artists ignore it.
- Art needs an audience. In order to be found, you must be findable.
- Marketing contains a relevant platform, relevant message, relevant offer, relevant audience.
- “The thriving artist understands that business is part of art and money is something an artist must master”
- If you don’t value your work, no one will.
- Digital sales are not limited to music.
Listen to the Highlights:
07:35 – Becoming an Artist
10:40 – Creative influence
12:10 – Be stubborn
17:52 – Practice in Public
22:08 – Promote Your Work
24:57 – Marketing
28:19 – Money
30:31 – Diversify Income Streams