I’m taking you behind the scenes for an A-Z look at the creation of my new album!
#MakingTheAlbum – Week 1
Watch #MakingTheAlbum Week 2 >>>
The other week I was wondering how I could turn things up a bit and deliver NEXT LEVEL value to the Savvy Musician Academy family for 2017… One big idea was the clear winner.
I’ve began writing my next album that will release in 2017, so I thought, why not create a behind-the-scenes look at the complete process of creating and launching an album?!
I’m so pumped to be able share this with you!
You’re going to see how I use a very specific process to write, record, master, and launch this album! I’m even going to show you how I build my fanbase (pretty much passively) while I’m creating the album! (Hint: I’m also going to use crowdfunding to build a buzz for the release!)
The good, the bad, and the ugly will be posted on this blog, Facebook, and Instagram every week. I won’t always be wearing makeup. I won’t always have good things to say as I struggle with all the things us musicians face. Things are about to get REAL.
This week is the first entry in this series that I’m calling, #MakingTheAlbum. In this video, I talk about my struggles with getting the creative juices flowing and how to overcome writer’s block.
I definitely recommend you watch the video, but here are some quick tips that I’m doing in this writing phase:
- Make room for creativity. None of us can do it all, when you add something (music, writing) to your plate, make sure to take something else off.
- Create a routine that works for you. Starting your day off right will give you the best chance at success throughout the day. Plan your day to take care of responsibilities while reserving time for your music (avoid interruptions).
- Find inspiration. I choose to read non-fiction books and play video games to find inspiration for my specific niche: Celtic Metal. Think of different media that will inspire you to create your kind of music.
- Say no to writer’s block. A friend recommended a great book to overcome creative blocks – it’s called The MacGuyver Secret. Basically, it helps to get your inner subconscious working on those ideas even when you’re not thinking about it.
- Pick low hanging fruit first. I initially picked songs that I had already written before and I knew I wanted to go on the next album. I didn’t have to totally start from scratch and come up with something brilliant. It took the pressure off.
I look forward to you joining me on this incredible journey as we learn and experiment together! It’s going to be amazing.
P.S. Make sure to click here for weekly “Making The Album” updates! I’ll send them straight to your inbox. 🙂