Making a record and putting it on the internet doesn’t guarantee that anyone will discover it. By finding your micro niche and nurturing your culture, you can help stack the odds in your favor. By building a culture and nurturing your fanbase, you can use social media to find a group of super fans that are enthusiastic and loyal. All of these things can create a music career that is scalable and sustainable. But how does that actually work? Feeling lost? That’s why we made you a map …
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER.
- All of the steps mentioned work together and have a specific order. Try not to get impatient. Take one step at a time, and do each step well before moving to the next step.
- A handful of passionate fans is more impactful (and profitable) than lots of lukewarm fans.
- Social Media is meant to build your culture and your community. Remember that people come for the product, but they stay for the community.
- Branding is more than a logo. It is a consistent culture across all social platforms.
Download the Music Map >> Here <<
Revisit the highlights
0:00 – Introduction.
4:00 – Why the Sustainable Music Map?
4:40 – First things first. Quality music.
- It seems obvious, but it needs to be said.
6:35 – Finding your micro niche.
- It’s better to be a big fish in a small pound.
15:10 – Utilizing free traffic.
- Don’t pay for traffic until you master free traffic
22:58 – Importance of building culture.
- The difference between success and failure lies in how you develop your culture.
24:00 – Branding
- It’s who you are and what your music represents. Consistency matters.
26:25 – Launching Online.
- Who are you launching to? Does anyone know you exist?
30:30 – Artist Identity Infrastructure.
All of these points are imperative for building you artist identity. This is the foundation you build your house on.